More people than ever are buying or selling homes and properties without using traditional real estate agents. Moultray Law has helped hundreds of clients navigate the complexities of buying or selling a home, and achieve their best possible outcome.
Quick. Unbiased. Thorough.
We provide a fast turnaround on your purchase and sale agreement drafting or review, and legal guidance that’s neutral and unbiased. Our attorneys ensure your best interests are represented throughout the transaction.
We charge a flat fee of $1,795 to represent either the buyer or the seller from drafting the initial contract through closing. If you need help drafting or reviewing a Washington State real estate purchase and sale agreement, or are looking for assistance at any point during your transaction, contact us today.
What you’ll pay a realtor
Legal Help for Home Buyers
Whether you’re buying a home with the assistance of a realtor, or are choosing to complete the transaction yourself, we’re here for you. We have helped hundreds of home buyers navigate the home purchasing process.
What is included in the fee?
- Discussions with the client either in person, by phone or by email at any time during the transaction. By charging a flat fee our clients can call or email anytime without worrying about incurring additional fees for a quick question.
- Drafting the Purchase and Sale Agreement. This also serves as the initial offer presented.
- Making changes to the Purchase and Sale Agreement.
- Discussions and strategy in regards to the prices/terms to offer/include.
- Recommendations to Escrow Companies, Title Companies and Inspectors where, unlike many realtors, we receive zero referral fees.
- Reviewing and editing any counteroffers received.
- Reviewing the Title Report.
- Discussing the Title Report with the Client.
- Reviewing the Inspection Report.
- Discussing the Inspection Report.
- Drafting a request for reduction/repairs based on the title report if needed.
- Reviewing any documentation from the lender.
- Answering any and all questions from the client during the transaction.
- If necessary we will draft documents to terminate the transaction. We will discuss the legalities of the earnest money disposition based on the circumstances so the client is well informed of the possible disposition of the earnest money deposit.
- If the transaction fails due to no fault of the client (such as the other party terminates, the offer is not accepted, etc.) we will continue to provide services with either the next house or the next buyer, as applicable, for up to 3 months at no additional cost.
- Most importantly, we provide the security and knowledge that you can only get by hiring experienced professional who have completed thousands of transactions and are looking out for your best interests! When you hire a lawyer we have an ethical and fiduciary duty to act and provide advice solely in your best interest, a realtor has a far lower standard when it comes to the advice they give you.
We know our clients are often making offers in a competitive environment, so we work quickly to ensure you’re at the front of the line.
Not only do we often use the standard NWMLS forms, but Wes is also a licensed realtor giving you a competitive advantage if we get into a multiple offer scenario and the ability for us to access all of the information available to realtors. You get the best of both worlds. As lawyers we are keenly aware of the disputes and problems that can come up during and after a transaction, we understand the pros and cons of the different contingencies and addendums and we can use this knowledge and experience to ensure your transaction goes smoothly from start to finish. We are with you every step of the way through closing.
Selling a Home FSBO
If you are selling your own home, it’s possible to do so without a real estate agent. Our lawyers can draft or review your Washington State purchase and sale agreement so you understand what you are getting into. Our attorneys are here to answer any questions you may have throughout the transaction.
And if you’re already working with a real estate agent, we still encourage you to contact us for a legal review of your contract. In fact, an attorney review is actually required by law in some states.
Buying or Selling from someone you know?
We are often contacted by a person contemplating a sale (or gift) of a home to or from a family member, or by a landlord planning to sell to their tenant, or vice-versa. There are countless scenarios such as this where the parties already know one another and the marketing of a home is not necessary.
While this scenario sounds simple it is still a huge financial transaction and needs to handled appropriately with the same guidance you would if the other person was a stranger, there is just no need to pay the high commissions of a realtor. In these instances our services are a perfect fit! We are able to step in and “ink” the “handshake agreement” so that everyone is on the same page and the transaction can close smoothly.